Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

YEARNING FOR A DATE WITH MYSELF!!!



Amidst a hectic lifestyle and trying to be super-human; managing college, coaching, studies, friends, family and virtual life, we end up losing touch with the most important person, our own self. Even the so-called ‘Me time’ on weekends/ holidays is spent with other people and we end up being tired rather than relaxed. I, like many people around me, crave for that one day when I can have a date with myself. It should be easy right? There are no appointments to be made, no fees to be paid …wrong! It’s a hard realization that I am not that easily available to myself, not anymore. There are other things that have taken priority. :( :(
People who know me are aware that I love going for vacations. Sometimes I feel like packing my bag and going for a holiday just like that, to spend some time away from the maddening world around me. There are so many achievements, prizes won and so many dreams to be fulfilled which require hard work and diligence. Ideally, I would love to switch off my phone and not check my mails /orkut/Facebook/blog. I would walk for hours on a beach, dance away the evenings and indulge in body spa for hours. I would love to visit some religious places and eat my favorite foods, meet new people and silently watch the sunset. I would love to sleep for a good 10 hours and do window-shopping the rest of the time. I wish I could shut out the worries of day to day life from my mind for a few days and enjoy peaceful sleep interrupted only by beautiful dreams.
I have been promising myself this date for long, where I will have my undivided attention and when I will spare no effort in pampering myself. I will listen to myself with patience like I have never done before and I will discover things about me that I never knew existed.

0 Obiter dicta:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails