Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

SANKALP-YUVA UNSTOPPABLE



PC (Priyanka Chopra) smiles at me showing those pearly-whites on TV , playing smart and saying,"Why should boys have all the fun?"... Well to be true, I feel no one has as much fun as girls these days ;)

We have the world falling on our feet literally... Nopes am not being arrogant... Naah! Naah! I, the girl, am not arrogant. 

We are shining bright and we are sought after.

Advertising industry has taken a complete turn when it comes to portraying women.




I feel so elated to see 'US' shining... We are everywhere, we are CEOs of organizations, we are ruling the film business,we are ruling the health and beauty industry, we are towering people in IT now. OMG, I am so happy for us. 

Men are advised to use AXE, Fairness Creams and what not just to land an impression on their women. ;) The whole perspective is changing gradually. 

Long gone are the days when women used to give in to what came in their way. Now, they demand, they explore and they 'call the shots' too.

Things are changing and I hope they are for good. I feel blessed that my family educated me and will, as long and as much I want to study.

I know there are many who are still caught up in the low-side.
I know we still have a long way to go... but I am glad atleast we have started walking in the right direction. 




Yes, my dear friends, we have started something under 'YUVA UNSTOPPABLE'. Today Jaya, Megha, Poonam (one of our juniors) and I went to a nearby slum, collected few children, talked to their parents and will be teaching them English every Saturday. Isn't it amazing?Four girls, 20 year olds, all on their own, took a step to contribute in a major way to the society for the upliftment of the underprivileged. OMG!!! I am sooo happy. The enthusiasm of the kids and the treatment we received there was exhilirating. We have zeroed in on the name 'SANKALP'. :D  Its not just we four, we have a chapter with a few members and the sankalp, I am sure u know what it is by now.


 



For once, I want to say that women are not all about suppression and pain. We have moved on. We have evolved and We are here to conquer the world. :) Enough of blame games and enough of crying behind the curtains. Optimism wins it all at the end.

Kisi mere jaisi kudi ne kaha hain :
"Bas ek kadam badaaney ki baat hain, raastey khud-ba-khud ban jaatey hain. Manzil par kadi nazar rakhney waaley hi ant mein jeet paatey hain".


Let's Keep Walking!!






4 Obiter dicta:

Shekhar said...

women are having a good time but the point is you cannot look through the television screen and determine if women are at top.

Remember Indira nooyi and mukhtaran Mai both are women with very different stories to tell.This is wherre we falter.
you are a good writer do not look the world through the eyes of the consumerist capitalist mindset but through a humanitarian point.Women have the potential to rock and so do men,but humanity needs help.

Yes am from LNCT,the fest guy who asked questions at the end of debate. :) Take care,keep writing.

Shekhar said...

JNCT me bhi to YUVA club hai na? I am the LNCT co-ordinator of that club.

Pankhuri Shrivastava said...

no this is a different YUVA.This is YUVA Unstoppable. for details visit www.yuvaunstoppable.org

This post is just one aspect, one point of view.There are many such point of views. And today the world is consumerist and capitalist. One cannot turn their backs to this fact. Its time we accept this. The sooner the better. But I completely agree that both men and women have to come together and work to get fruits from the trees.

kinnar shah said...

Truly unstoppable work.. :) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails