Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life is the sum of all your choices

Its a long time since I've written anything. Its not that I didn't find anything worth writing, there were thousands of things which I wanted to jot down but a lot of things kept me away from writing. There's a famous saying "one can always take out time for something which he/she loves to do". So what should I infer from this, that I am not passionate about writing?
There is a question which is incessant in my mind always : Another famous saying "make your interest/hobbies/passion your profession". So the question is what should a person do if he/she has varied interests? If he/she has proved his/her worth in different fields? In such a case how to select one particular interest as your profession?
I (who is supposed to be a very sensible and mature girl) is in this dilemma since past 4-5 years.

My blog (if u have read it well) must have informed you that I have varied interests, I have participated in legions of competitions and events, not particularly of one field but of a wide variety. The certificates I have are a conglomeration of different denominations.
Please do not consider it as bragging but I have proved myself to be an admirable orator, a praiseworthy writer, a sterling singer, a commendable dancer, an adroit leader, have acumen and if I work a little hard then I have also produced impressive academic results.

From the time I started watching We the People, a show on NDTV 24*7, I became a fan of eminent journalist Barkha Dutt. It was titillating to watch her lead the live audience in grilling politicians and newsmakers about a topic of current interest. Be it the terror in the sub-continent, or be it the election battle in the political corridors of power, be it the effect of reality TV on society or be it politics in the age of TV...the debate never stopped.
I wanted to get into St. Stephen's College, not because it is one of the reputed colleges of India but because my inamorata had graduated from this college. Time passed away I got busy with different things this desire allayed. Only God knows how I got into engineering and today I am preparing for CAT.
Preparations are going on and are at its peak. There is usually no time after college, classes and studies but sometimes the desire to become the next Barkha Dutt impels. The desire to get into
IIMC or Jamia Millia Islamia stimulates. The desire to bring a revolution goads.
I don't want to regret my decision and my life when I become 60 years old. I don't know whether anytime in  life I'll be able to adjudicate or not.
"The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn."  ~David Russell

4 Obiter dicta:

Anwesa said...

"The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn." ~David Russell

How true !

WritingsForLife said...

Indeed that is the hardest thing... I suppose we have to take one day at a time and take one step at a time and see how it goes.

I am sure you will be able to take out time for writing more frequently :-)

Pankhuri Shrivastava said...

@anwesa: its true and the worst part is that there are no tutorials available anywhere to learn this art. We need a person more brilliant than Einstein to solve this mystery.
@ramesh sir: once i knw what i want i can achieve bt what to do when there is so much of confusion in the small place called mind and huge conflict between heart and mind?
@raaji: i hope the same :)
@all: thanx fr reading and commenting. :) God bless you all :)

Shekhar said...

So I see the lady is spoilt of choices.We have varied goals in life as well as we have our choices.You know the best way is to follow your heart and not of anybody around you, choose a path through which you can make a difference for postive in the society.Let yourself be remembered when you are not their.

TC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails