Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

LIFE MOVES ON

Something happened today.
One of our hostelmates left the hostel as she got a job in Dubai.
Good for her and we all are very happy too yet there is something which has occupied my mind since she left.
Life is full of leaving your near and dear ones behind, showing courage and moving on.
I live far away from my parents and even when I miss them I need to be rational and move on.
I live far away from my brother and even when I miss him I have to understand and move on.
People come and if you get attached to them you need to show so much of courage when they leave and move on.
All these things in life tend to make you more rational and prudent. It actually teaches you not to let your emotion overpower your thinking and actions because at the end of the day the ultimate truth, as in Henry Miller's words, is
"Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such."

2 Obiter dicta:

Unknown said...

hmm ......u r rite ..dat life moves oN ..
........The Self reflecting itself
Ponders over the unsolved riddle
Generation after Generation
Time stops not
And, Life moves on with
its pre-defined
purpose and mission.

Rohan said...

oh yes it goes on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails